Transgender Law Center works to change law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, and mission-oriented Program Manager to help create and execute programs that increase access to healthcare and economic stability; advance racial and gender justice; expand the rights and wellbeing of trans communities; and promote the leadership and engagement of trans and gender non-conforming people.
The Program Manager will join a team of passionate, smart, and dedicated individuals who work hard, laugh easily, and are eager to learn and grow together as we change the world. The position is based in San Francisco.
The Program Manager, reporting to the Deputy Director/Director of Programs, will be directly engaged in planning and implementing Transgender Law Center’s community based programs.
The Program Manager will:
- Assist in developing strategic responses to emerging and ongoing local, state, and national policy issues, including health care access, economic justice, racial justice, student safety, prisoners’ rights, and immigrants’ rights.
- Manage and execute programmatic efforts to improve access to health care, economic justice, racial justice, and education for transgender people.
- Conduct and develop trainings on transgender civil rights for various audiences, including health care providers, employers, and policymakers.
- Provide in-depth training and technical assistance to employers and social service agencies interested in improving policies for trans workers.
- Support the development of community-facing public education materials, including ‘know your rights’ materials and training curricula.
- Coordinate programmatic events, including the Transgender Leadership Summit and Advocacy Day.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships and coalitions with transgender groups, organizational partners, and community leaders.
- Speak publicly about transgender policy issues at community events, conferences, and other venues.
The ideal candidate would have these qualifications:
- Experience in racial justice and/or trans justice advocacy and movement building.
- Demonstrated experience working within communities of color and transgender communities.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and management.
- Significant experience conducting trainings tailored to different audiences.
- Ability to self-motivate, self-direct, and manage multiple projects simultaneously as well as a commitment to teamwork and a sense of humor.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and quickly gain the respect and support of various constituencies, including board and staff members, donors, foundation and civic leaders, volunteers, and community partners.
- Basic technology skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel.
- 2 years of experience with electoral, legislative, labor and/or community organizing preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Employer-paid benefits include medical and dental; matched retirement savings; three weeks’ vacation; and sabbatical program.
Email your résumé with a letter of interest to: Masen Davis at email@example.com. Please include “Program Manager” in the subject line of your email.
All applications are reviewed and acted upon as they are received. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found. It is therefore recommended that you submit your materials as promptly as possible. Only those applicants selected for an interview will receive a response. No telephone calls please.
Transgender Law Center is proud to be an affirmative action employer. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or intersex are particularly urged to apply.
For more information about Transgender Law Center please visit our website: www.transgenderlawcenter.org.