LOCATION: San Francisco
PURPOSE: Transgender Law Center is at the heart of a movement of transgender people, our families and our allies working to change laws, policies and attitudes to ensure that we can all live as our authentic selves. In our ten years of existence, the Transgender Law Center has helped build a movement to change the landscape for transgender people in California and beyond. We are looking for a talented community advocate to join our team as the Project HEALTH Program Manager on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on qualifications.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project HEALTH Program Manager provides day-to-day management of all aspects of Transgender Law Center’s collaborative program with Lyon-Martin Health Services, Project HEALTH. Project HEALTH aims to improve transgender health access throughout the state of California through a variety of innovative programming. This staff member manages all operations, including fiscal management and administrative functions of Project HEALTH.
Project HEALTH is a multi-faceted, state-wide, medical-legal program that seeks to improve health care access for transgender communities by creating and administering technical assistance workplans to community clinics, hosting a clinical rotation, coordinating provider and community advocacy trainings, and organizing community members throughout the state of California to advocate for policy change.
This position requires occasional availability to work on weeknights and weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Project HEALTH Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient development and maintenance of Project HEALTH. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all logistics for Project HEALTH.
- Lead and monitor clinics in launching comprehensive transgender services at their site by performing a needs assessment, site visit and developing and executing a year-long workplan that includes tailored trainings and resource sharing.
- Serve as clinical coordinator for a clinical rotation in transgender medicine hosted at Lyon-Martin Health Services.
- Coordinate nationwide trainings on transgender medicine and addressing issues to healthcare access.
- Develop cultural competency training materials and toolkits and execute trainings.
- Assist with advocating for state and federal level healthcare policy reform such as the Affordable Care Act, and Medi-Cal benefits.
- Create, plan, and coordinate all aspects of the transgender medical consultation service collaborating with transgender experts from around the country.
- Develop competitive marketing strategies including managing website, coordinating the development of all resource material and managing social media.
- Manage Project HEALTH’s budget.
- Demonstrable commitment to racial, economic and gender justice in healthcare.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write clearly, speak in public, and facilitate large and small meetings.
- Proven ability to execute complex coordination throughout many programs.
- Proven ability to work independently on the daily, but overall as a part of a larger team.
- Strong personal organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Self motivated.
- Experience working with and managing people at all organizational levels.
- Proven history of bringing projects to completion.
- Experience with marketing and packaging unique programs.
- Experience leading collaborative planning processes.
Salaried rate commensurate with experience. Position is 40 hours per week.
To apply, email cover letter and resume email@example.com. Please include “Project HEALTH Program Manager” in the subject line of your email. Or mail your application to:
Job Search – Transgender Law Center, 870 Market Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94102.
The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found. It is recommended that you submit your materials as promptly as possible. Only those applicants selected for an interview will receive a response. No telephone calls please.