For media inquiries please contact:Mark Daniel Snyder
cell: 617.416.0552 (Calls welcome anytime.)
Recent Press Releases & Statements:
- Progress: Transgender Student Facing Battery Charge for Defending Herself Enters Restorative Justice Program February 6, 2014
- Bill Introduced in CA Ensuring Accurate Gender Reflected on Transgender People’s Death Certificates January 30, 2014
- Celebration! CeCe McDonald is Released From Prison January 13, 2014
- Transgender Law Center Condemns NJ Gov. Christie’s Veto of Birth Certificate Modernization Bill January 13, 2014
- Transgender Law Center Calls on District Attorney to Drop Charges Against Bullied Transgender Student January 10, 2014
- HISTORIC! ENDA PASSES IN SENATE November 7, 2013
- Statement on Chelsea Manning August 22, 2013
- El Gobernador Brown Aprueba Ley de Estudiantes Transgénero August 15, 2013
- Historic! Transgender Inclusive ENDA Passes Senate Committee July 10, 2013
- Statement on Military Recruiters at SF Pride June 27, 2013
Masen Davis, Executive Director
As Executive Director of Transgender Law Center, Masen Davis brings over two decades of leadership and activism in the movement toward LGBT equality. Since beginning this role in 2007, Davis has expanded Transgender Law Center’s annual operating budget from $385,000 to $1.4M thereby increasing the richness and expanding the impact of the organizations multidisciplinary programs.
Under his direction, TLC’s impact litigation secured groundbreaking federal protections in 2012 against employment discrimination for transgender and gender nonconforming people under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. From securing $1M in public funds for transgender employment programs, to sweeping changes to California law under the 2011 Gender Nondiscrimination Act, to unprecedented healthcare access initiatives for transgender people within the State – Masen’s leadership has had a tremendous and positive impact on countless constituents. Masen works tirelessly as a preeminent voice in local, state and national forums and is increasingly identified as an international leader in the trans equality movement.
He started his career as a Civil Court Advocate at Chicago’s gay and lesbian center, served as Director of Development for Corporate and Foundation Relations at United Way of Greater Los Angeles, and his activism, research and writings are featured in innumerable textbooks, journals and documentary films. His community service includes founding and serving as President of FTM Alliance of Los Angeles, Inc. Board Member and Governance Committee Chair for San Francisco’s LGBT Center, and Steering Committee Member of CA LGBT Health & Human Services Network.
He received his B.A. from Northwestern University, M.S.W. from UCLA, and completed the Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.