For media inquiries please contact:Jill Marcellus, Senior Communications Manager email@example.com 415.865.0176 x310
Recent Press Releases & Statements:
- ICE issues new guidance on transgender detainees June 29, 2015
- TLC celebrates Supreme Court decision and continues work towards #morethanmarriage June 26, 2015
- Undocumented Transgender Woman Who Interrupted President at White House Pride Event Calls to End Deportation June 24, 2015
- Coalition Prepared to Fight Ballot Initiative Targeting Transgender Californians June 23, 2015
- Transgender Employee Takes Action Against Barnes & Noble for Discrimination May 6, 2015
- End the Detention and Deportation of the LGBTQ Migrant Community April 23, 2015
- Groundbreaking EEOC ruling finds the Army discriminated against transgender employee by denying bathroom access, pronouns April 8, 2015
- Victory! Court Orders California Prison to Provide Treatment for Transgender Prisoner April 2, 2015
- Leaders Gather from across the Country to Address Epidemic of Violence Targeting Transgender Communities March 27, 2015
- TLC, NCLR, and EQCA Sponsor California Equal Benefits Bill March 5, 2015
Masen Davis, Executive Director
As Executive Director of Transgender Law Center, Masen Davis brings over two decades of leadership and activism in the movement toward LGBT equality. Since beginning this role in 2007, Davis has expanded Transgender Law Center’s annual operating budget from $385,000 to $1.4M thereby increasing the richness and expanding the impact of the organizations multidisciplinary programs.
Under his direction, TLC’s impact litigation secured groundbreaking federal protections in 2012 against employment discrimination for transgender and gender nonconforming people under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. From securing $1M in public funds for transgender employment programs, to sweeping changes to California law under the 2011 Gender Nondiscrimination Act, to unprecedented healthcare access initiatives for transgender people within the State – Masen’s leadership has had a tremendous and positive impact on countless constituents. Masen works tirelessly as a preeminent voice in local, state and national forums and is increasingly identified as an international leader in the trans equality movement.
He started his career as a Civil Court Advocate at Chicago’s gay and lesbian center, served as Director of Development for Corporate and Foundation Relations at United Way of Greater Los Angeles, and his activism, research and writings are featured in innumerable textbooks, journals and documentary films. His community service includes founding and serving as President of FTM Alliance of Los Angeles, Inc. Board Member and Governance Committee Chair for San Francisco’s LGBT Center, and Steering Committee Member of CA LGBT Health & Human Services Network.
He received his B.A. from Northwestern University, M.S.W. from UCLA, and completed the Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.