Transgender Law Center’s Development Manager will work at the heart of a movement of transgender people and allies, collaborating to change laws, policies, and attitudes to ensure that we can all live as our authentic selves.
Reporting to the Development Director, this position will manage annual individual giving stewardship and fundraising campaigns, plan cultivation events in cities across the country, contribute to printed publications, and help strengthen corporate fundraising efforts. This will include planning, organizing, implementing, and promoting the development goals set for individual giving through direct mail appeals, email solicitations, online giving, and the work of Transgender Law Center’s Development Committee.
This team member will be instrumental to Transgender Law Center’s overall philanthropic development program, working closely with Communications staff and the Development & Operations Associate Manager. Responsibilities include:
The Development Manager will:
- Effectively communicate TLC’s case for support to corporate and individual constituencies.
- Work with the Director to establish fundraising goals and work plans for annual corporate and individual giving needs identified by Transgender Law Center.
- Develop annual campaign fundraising reports, maintain donor database, ensure the timely acknowledgement of gifts, and implement donor stewardship efforts.
- Work with Director to plan and execute annual donor cultivation events in selected cities.
- Prepare regular progress reports for Transgender Law Center’s Executive Director, Development Director, and Board of Directors.
- Draft annual appeal letters and email appeals for Transgender Law Center’s base.
- Prepare donor communications, help keep Transgender Law Center’s website current, and develop appropriate printed and written materials to be used for cultivation and recognition of annual donors.
- Work with the Director in staffing Transgender Law Center’s Development Committee with necessary materials, prospect information, and follow up to volunteers’ contacts.
- Keep current with issues and trends in the development field in order to make recommendations for their implementation to the Director.
The successful candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Possess three to five years of experience with demonstrated success in raising philanthropic support for nonprofits.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational and people skills.
- Strong computer skills and facility in the use of the Internet for implementing awareness and fundraising campaigns.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, must be creative, able to generate ideas and a self-starter.
- The ability to maintain accountability and to work independently, while functioning as part of a cooperative and coordinated team.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and display the highest level of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with people from a variety of different racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, gender, and generational backgrounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, anti-oppression work, and LGBTQ rights.
- Experience working with the transgender community.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency with WordPress websites.
- Proficiency with Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, or other e-mail newsletter programs.
- Experience with Salesforce or other constituent management database software.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced and diverse community environment.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is competitive and commensurate to the candidate’s experience and skills. Benefits include dental and health insurance, transit benefits, three weeks vacation accrued in the first year; and two months of sabbatical for every five years of service.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Transgender Law Center is proud to be an affirmative action employer. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or intersex are particularly urged to apply. For more information about Transgender Law Center please visit our website: www.transgenderlawcenter.org.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to C. Nathan Harris, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org including “Development Manager” in the subject line. Applications and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.