CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Transgender Law Center is at the heart of a movement of transgender people, our families and our allies working to change laws, policies and attitudes to ensure that we can all live as our authentic selves. The Transgender Law Center has helped build a movement to change the landscape for transgender people in California and beyond. We are looking for a talented community advocate to serve as an event planner.
TLC seeks an event planner for the 2014 Transgender Leadership Summit, which will take place at Cal State Northridge on April 11-13, 2014.
The Transgender Leadership Summit is a one-of-a-kind leadership conference that builds the foundation for community members to take action for transgender rights through informative workshops ranging from legal, health care, organizational development and much more.
Weeknights and weekends may be required.
• Coordinate logistics for the Transgender Leadership Summit.
• Work with summit planning committee and Director of Development to secure organizational partnerships and to develop sponsorship and fund-raising strategies.
• Manage Summit budget.
• Liaison between planning committee and outside vendors such as host hotel, translators, caterers to ensure all summit’s logistical needs are met.
• Coordinate Transgender Law Center staff’s responsibilities at the Summit.
• Provide guidance to a volunteer-based summit planning committee
• Oversee the implementation and evaluation of the summit, including development of evaluation surveys and summit-planning timeline
• Develop and implement a strategy to provide focused support to summit planning committees, including conference calls, ongoing technical assistance, volunteer management and webpage development
• Maintain regular contact and communication with committee chairs
• Maintain and update resources to support summit planning
• Work closely with TLC staff and planning committee to support overall summit vision and strategy
• Other duties as needed
• Demonstrable commitment to racial, economic and gender justice.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly, speak in public, and facilitate large and small meetings.
• Proven ability to work with a group.
• Strong personal organization skills.
• At least three years community organizing experience.
• Experience identifying, mentoring and supporting leaders in communities of color and low-income communities.
• Experience developing workshops and curriculum.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Detail-oriented and accountable.
• Experience planning large events.
• Spanish proficiency.
• Experience leading collaborative planning processes.
We anticipate 10-15 hours per week and 40 hours per week the week of the Summit.
Proposal Submission To submit a proposal, please send a resume and proposal as Word or PDF attachments to email@example.com. Please include “Event Planner” in the subject line of your email.
All applications are reviewed and acted upon as they are received. No telephone calls please.