The National Trans Bar Association (NTBA) and Transgender Law Center (TLC) invite you to attend a social event on Thursday August 3rd from 7 to 9pm at Barbarossa located at 714 Montgomery Street in San Francisco.
This event will be an opportunity for trans and gender non-conforming lawyers, legal advocates, and our allies from across the country to meet, connect and learn more about the National Trans Bar Association and Transgender Law Center. Several of our Board and staff members will be in attendance and are excited to meet you!
Finally, if you haven’t registered for this year’s Transgender Law Institute yet, being held on Friday August 4th, it’s not too late. You can still register on site for the daylong event. The full schedule is available on the National Trans Bar Association’s website here: https://www.transbar.org/tli2017/.
Catch TLC at the following Lavender Law and Transgender Law Institute Panels this week:
Wednesday, August 2nd
- 10:45-12:15 – Post-Election Solidarity: Lawyering and Building Alliances Across Race, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Immigration Status and Practice Areas (CLE)
- 2-3:30 pm – Sex Workers & Criminal Law: An LGBT Issue
Thursday, August 3rd
- 10:45-12:15 – LGBTQ Youth and the Juvenile Justice System
- 2-3:30 pm – A New World Order? Responding to the Trump Agenda
- 3:45-5:15 pm- LGBTQ Immigrants’ Access to Healthcare
Friday, August 4th
- 2-3 pm – Trans Immigration and Mass Incarceration (CLE)
- 3-4pm – Advocating for Non-Binary Transgender People (CLE)
We can’t wait to see you soon!
Founded in 2016, the mission of the National Trans Bar Association is to: recruit, support and develop the skills of trans and gender nonconforming (TGNC) legal professionals and law school students; increase access to affordable, legally and culturally competent legal services for TGNC communities; foster bold, inclusive, and creative legal strategies to expand formal legal protections for TGNC people and meaningfully address issues of equity; and elevate intersectional work and cross movement collaborations. To find out more about how to get involved, please visit our website at: transbar.org.
The Transgender Law Center is a national organization that seeks to change law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression. We envision a future where gender self-determination and authentic expression are seen as basic rights and matters of common human dignity. To learn more about TLC, please visit our website at: transgenderlawcenter.org.