Happy Coming Out Day!
Everyone has a story. Whether you’re coming out today for the first time, or you’ve come out many times throughout your life – it can be fun, devastating, empowering, scary, and more. What we know is that the more people are openly transgender and openly supportive of transgender equality the sooner we will achieve justice. We also know that for many of us being out puts us at risk of violence and discrimination. We understand if you are unable to openly share your story today. Check out the Out as Trans: Coming Out Day Survival Guide>
We’re joining the National Center for Lesbian Rights’s #CoolWithThat campaign because, well, we’re cool with whoever you are.
Please share your story in the comments section below.
- Do you have a funny coming out story to share?
- Do you have a story that will inspire young people?
- Do you have a story that could teach others a lesson?
- Are you a parent, friend, or partner of a transgender person?
- Are there areas in your life you haven’t come out about – perhaps your faith, an interest, something your passionate about?
- What would you like to tell or ask of the world?