Transgender Law Center, along with co-counsel Irigonegaray and Associates and Caldwell Leslie & Proctor, PC, is representing Stephanie Mott in a lawsuit challenging the state of Kansas’s policy of refusing to update the gender markers on the birth certificates of transgender people. Filed in February 2016, the petition argues that denying transgender people amended birth certificates violates the constitutional right to equal protection and right to privacy—the ability to decide when and to whom to disclose one’s transgender status.
- Petition for Judicial Review
- Memo in Response to Respondent’s Motion to Dismiss Petitioner’s Petition for Review
- Motion for Judgment on Petition for Review
- Opposition to Respondent’s Motion for Summary Judgment
- Opposition to Respondent’s Motion to Dismiss Petitioner’s Petition for Review
- Responsive Memo to Respondent’s Motion for Summary Judgment
- Reply Memo in Support of Petitioner’s Motion for Judgment on Petition for Review
Please credit the Transgender Law Center.