Wow! What a year it’s been.
In fact, I want to thank you for helping Transgender Law Center pioneer groundbreaking advancements in our community’s rights in California, localities across the country and on national levels.
In 2013, thanks supporters like you, Transgender Law Center has been able to:
- End discrimination in all health insurance plans sold within and administered by the state of CA.
- Answer 2,365 calls from transgender or gender nonconforming people and their families from coast to coast.
- Help pass legislation in CA – AB 1121 – that streamlines name and gender change procedures to reduce court fees and eliminate public disclosure requirements.
- Work alongside activists in AZ to battle legislation that would criminalize transgender people for using the bathroom that aligns with their gender identity.
- Help pass AB1266 – the School Succ
ess and Opportunity Act. This victory restates CA law to ensure schools understand their responsibility for providing all of our young people, including transgender students, a fair chance to participate, succeed and graduate on time.
- Represent and advocate for clients as part of our law-changing impact litigation in Oregon, California, South Carolina, Virginia, Massachusetts, Missouri, Arizona, Nevada…and the list goes on…
Bear wanted to remind you that, right now, Transgender Law Center is lucky to have a generous challenge grant which will match your donations dollar for dollar up to $26,000 – thanks to a handful of amazing donors. That means today, until 11:59 p.m., your support will be doubled! That’s twice the support to help Transgender Law Center continue winning victories in the year ahead.
Bear also wants to mention that today’s the last day in 2013 that your gifts to Transgender Law Center will qualify for a charitable deduction on your taxes in April.
Thank you again for all you do for Transgender Law Center and Happy New Year from me, Bear, and the Transgender Law Center family!