Mission: Transgender Law Center changes law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.
Transgender Law Center (TLC) is the largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people. Grounded in legal expertise and committed to racial justice, TLC employs a variety of community-driven strategies to keep transgender and gender nonconforming people alive, thriving, and fighting for liberation.
At TLC, we believe:
- TGNC people hold the resilience, brilliance, and power to transform society at its root.
- No one is disposable.
- The people most impacted by the systems we fight must lead the work.
- Until TGNC immigrants and Black trans women are safe and free, none of us are.
- Liberation for everyone is both necessary and possible.
- Self-determination is a right we were all born to realize.
- Our survival is revolutionary.
- Because of those who came before us, we have already won.